View of the North end of the Pool of the Otter, or Puilladobhrain. In the middle of summer the view to the south is likely to contain more than twenty closely anchored boats.
Puilladobhrain has always been a popular anchorage:
- it is close to Oban, as well as Craobh and Ardfern marinas
- it is very well sheltered
- the bottom is thick clay, so you can sit out a force 9 and not be too concerned about dragging your anchor
- the views from the nearby hill are breathtaking on a clear day
- if you continue over the hill to the Tigh an Truish you are assured of a warm welcome and great food
It's just a pity so many other people know about it.